Re: THE FAST MAIL

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: THE FAST MAIL
From: fdlnmn@s...
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 03:00:39 -0000
If I could get a scan of the actual sheet music I might be able to do
an arrangement of it. The recording would be somwhat less than
professional, but it might be an interesting number nonetheless.
I do one man living history performances including, most recently, a
lineup of 13 RR songs. Of course I wouldn't think of dressing in
anything but a Burlington Route conductor's uniform!
-EJ

Ezekiel Johnson
Dahlgren, IL

--- In BRHSlist@e..., kliner@s... wrote:
> Thought it might be a nice change of pace to move over to the
> hisrorical aspect of our hobby and share with the list the lyrics
of
> the sheet music that I recently aquired on Ebay. It is titled The
> Fast Mail and was composed by AM Bruner and copyrighted in 1897
> by "The Burlington Route". First verse: Swinging out into the
> silence of the early autumn morn. With it's pow'rful headlight
> glowing, through the golden fields of corn; Clanging bell and
> rattling switches, in the early morning light. Thund'ring down the
> splendid highway, speeds the "fast mail" in it's flight. Chorus:
> Hear the rumble and the grumble, listen to the mighty roar. Like
the
> waves of ocean breaking on a wild and rocky shore. See the
midnight
> cloud that's pouring from the smokestack like a gale. And the
flying
> dust and cinders from the early morning mail. Second verse:
Louder
> rolls the mighty thunder, louder clangs the tireless bell. Wilder
> shrieks the warning whistle; each the startling story tell.
Pouring