Re: [BRHSlist] Green Chicago Commute coaches

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Green Chicago Commute coaches
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 04:06:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/01 12:24:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
danspach@m... writes:

<< BTW, in the years 1939-52 when I lived in Riverside, and the CB&Q was
an integral part of our everyday lives, I never remember any of these
trains being referred as "Scoots". Perhaps that was a later adoption.

"Scoots" are on the North Western......

The only HEP the Budd Bi Levels had during the Burlington days were the
lights in the cars. They were steam heated. I can't remember which AC Units
were used. The Budd's were rebuilt in the early 70's with the HEP as we know
it today.

Loren Johnson