Re: [BRHSlist] Red Lights

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Red Lights
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:50:21 EDT
I do recall in most lightweight observation cars, you had the rear
observation light, and ofcourse marker lights on the car side. I remember on
"Silver Terrace", the light could oscillate, or remain on but in a fixed
position, with a fixed beam. I believe the switch was near the backup
controls (brake valve and horn), perhaps a private car owner could offer some
assistance here. I believe some where designed to illuminate when the train
speed dropped below a certain speed, (i.e. 15 mph). I would assume business
cars would be equipped with similar equipment.

I don't recall seeing a roof mounted rear light flashing. But I certainly
could be wrong.

Hubert