Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Denver Zephyr Lettering

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Denver Zephyr Lettering
From: Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 09:47:39 -0500
Stephen, Rich and the List:

I have had a chance to dig around this weekend and I will inlcude all of
this topic in the next ZEPHYR. I have the photos to help answer the
question. I have a shot of Silver Moon dated 10-9-49 at the Zephyr Pit.
The car clearly carries the name DENVER ZEPHYR across the letterboard.
Silver Moon was the 4-4-1-1-4 sleeper in the 1936 DZ consist. But, guess
what, I have another shot at the Zephyr Pit that is undated and shows
Silver Moon with the word PULLMAN across the letterboard.

I believe that Rich is right on target. Prior to the breakup of the
Pullman company, the sleepers most likely carried PULLMAN on the
letterboard. After the breakup, they were repainted to say DENVER ZEPHYR.
I will have more in the ZEPHYR.

I hope this helps. Mike