Branchline Heavyweight Coaches

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Branchline Heavyweight Coaches
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:06:37 EDT
Who has information or a recommended source for info on the combination
coaches (heavyweight) built specifically for branch line service. These were
6 wheel truck cars "factory equipped" with coal stoves and Kerosene lamps
built for rear end service on mixed trains. The 3537 ran on the Corning
Villisca branch for several years in the 1950's. These are not converted
motor cars, but cars built specifically for branch line mixed train service.
When were these built and put in service and where did they run? Corning
Villisca is one line for sure and I believe one ran on the Lincoln Nebraska
City local for a while in the 1950's.

I don't know how many of these were built, but it must have been a
significant number. Have any survived.

Pete Hedgpeth