1999 Aurora Meet

To: "BRHS List" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: 1999 Aurora Meet
From: "twhitt" <twhitt@p...>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:02:52 -0500
Cc: "Perry Bilotta" <pbilotta@m...>, "Jim Davidson" <westsubrr@e...>

One of the highlights of the 1999 Aurora Annual Meeting was a trip to Chicago
on the 'Mark Twain Zephyr'. Although not the real MTZ, but the version put
together by BNSF and Metra for our use. This trainset was due to the efforts of
a local conductor who works the Metra line to Chicago, John Smith. John is also
good friends with the individuals who own the actual trainset, and allowed him
the use of the MTZ casting from the original trainset.

During the meet, he requested some photographs of the Metra trainset from our
members. To date, he has not received any photographs. While riding with him to
Chicago last week, he was very disappointed that no photos were offered,
especially after he saw the tens of people taking pictures.

I would request that if you or another member that you know has any pictures of
the trainset, to please contact me off list to arrange getting copies of some
of the photographs. Remember, that the bilevel cars used had to be cut out of
other trainsets and returned after our trip, the signs on the cars and the
locomotive were made by John Smith and his crew, and finally that the crew
volunteered to spend an evening with us to Chicago.

Let's show our gratitude for them and see if we can find some photographs!!!

Thanking you in advance.

Thomas J. Whitt
twhitt@p...