Re: [BRHSlist] Wood Bros., was Oregon Wye

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Wood Bros., was Oregon Wye
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:30:38 -0600
Bill and Folks:

I have a Koppel Industrial Car and Equipment Company Catalog No.1, which
shows their "Hauling Outfit for Building Concrete Roads", using Koppel's
"Direct Charging System". The railway was a 24" gauge portable line which
fed an old-fashioned cement mixer. Each car carried two material
containers, and the mixer had a boom which picked one container at a time
off of the car frame, dumped it into the mixer, and then replaced it. The
drawings illustrating the procedure are dated 2-08-13. There are four
photographs showing the equipment in use building "General Coleman Du Pont's
Memorial to the State of Delaware", some time prior to 1919. The industrial
railway manufacturers were making a little profit building the mechanism of
their demise :>)

Mike Decker