Switching Cats

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Switching Cats
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:29:33 EDT
This little ditty applies to anything blocked down on a flat car. In my
learning days when a R-I-F forced me into Eola Yd service(after having worked
the "Cat") job everday for 3 months (where we shoved to a "joint" w/the
loads) I experienced "kicking" loads of "Cats".
Lets just say now matter how gently one "kicks" a load of equipment blocked
down on a flat there is a high probability that the nails thru the blocks
into the floor will not withstand the forces generated by a "free rolling"
car when it meets the standing string. Oh yes these loads were also
cabled.Enough said.
Leo