Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Challenger Zephyrs & 05's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Challenger Zephyrs & 05's
From: CILTRAINS@a...
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:18:32 EDT
Our actual schedule and some of the models to be delivered is somewhat
different then previously noted.

In a message dated 04/05/2001 8:54:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
jsauer@e... writes:

<< Did Challenger give you an update of the approx. delivery date of the
O5's? Last I heard was "Summer 2001" >>

The O5A/O5B models are scheduled to be shipped from the factory on September
28. We do not use ocean transport. The models will arrive by air on or
about October 4. After inspection, we'd expect to issue in-stock notices as
soon thereafter as is practical. The quantity is, as of now, "locked in"
because of the manufacture of sub parts/assemblies. We've tried to cover
reservations as of the factory appointed last day for order. There's a
"standby" list but, it's not overly long.

The Zephyrs are a definite "go." Delivery will be late spring of '02. The
earlier appearing list on this site is not complete. Trains made will be a
function of interest and reservations. For example, PZ will be offered in
three (3) iterations: (i) original (ii) four unit prior to raised
headlight/mars light and, (iii) with raised headlight/mars light. MT will be
offered prior to and after headlight/mars light installation. Twin Cities
will be offered as a four unit. Reservations will be open for the next few
months.

By the way, we'll be offering shovelnoses for "Cheshire" and "Minuteman."
Maybe not pertinent to BRHS fans, but we can't resist an opportunity for a
bit of self promotion.

We very much appreciate the support and assistance of the Society. Going
that "extra mile" in providing assistance and data is and has been very
noticeable and rewarding.

Al Ichelson