Re: [BRHSlist] Stewart FTs

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Stewart FTs
From: slyone@i...
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 22:09:59 -0400 (EDT)
On 04/04/01 10:10:34 you wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone that has decoders in their Stewart FTs has hooked
>up a Mars and Emergency Mars light in their unit. If so could you please
>tell me how you went about it?

I've done it for four F-units so far, one Q FT, both ends of a P1K Q F3 ABBA
set, and one NP F9. I
used a CalScale dual headlight that I don't remember the number for (#193
sort'a rings a bell) and
enlargened the lens opening in the shell so that this part will fit snugly in
it. It only needs to
increase about 15 mils from the original size in the Stewart F for this to
happen. I used
Miniatronics 1.5V 30mA 1.2mm bulbs as they are the only ones small enough to
fit the openings in
the detail part and wired them with appropriate resistors to the decoder. The
results are well
worth it and the task was easy. The only thing I haven't done except on the FT
was create a thin
styrene lens. That was a bit of a bite in the tuckus. The ABBA set and the NP
unit don't have a
lens, but three feet away and moving their absence is not noticed.

Lyle Dowell