More FW&D (C)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: More FW&D (C)
From: okt@j...
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:01:38 -0600
Just to keep the FW& D interest going.
There are a few bridges left with some neat lettering.
My favorite is the bridge over the cutoff to US 287 from US 81 in Bowie,
TX. It has a Burlington herald (there are two faded ones under the paint)
and the letters FW&D.
It's about 100 yds from a twin that says ROCK ISLAND LINES. Cool huh?
There's a FW&DC bridge in Wichta Falls, and the underpass in Amarillo has
R.I. and BR heralds cast into the concrete.
There are others, but those are the ones I'm most familiar with.
Terry

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.