Re: [BRHSlist] Pickle Cars on the Q

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Pickle Cars on the Q
From: "Ed Carroll" <ed.carroll@h...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:18:15 -0600
There were pickle cars in a photo of the pickle packing plant on the west side
of Ottawa. (I saw the photo once in the early 1970s at a LaSalle
CountyHistorical Society meeting.) The line that served the plant had been an
electric line (Ottawa and Peoria) that the Q had rights over and is still
theline that runs from the wye to the Silica plant on the west edge of town.

>>> GEU30CG@a... 03/22/01 03:23AM >>>
Recently a friend of mine who models the early (1920s) B&O told me that the
CB&Q operated a small fleet of pickle barrel cars. I have not seen any
information on these cars.

Is there photos that exist? How late did they run? Has any issue of the
Bulletin ran an article on these cars?

Thanks,
Darren Ferreter
GEU30CG@a...