Re: [BRHSlist] Suburban Derailment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Suburban Derailment
From: supchief17@a...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 02:40:42 EST
In a message dated 3/19/01 9:41:21 PM Central Standard Time, qutlx1@a...
writes:

> Ok,they're keeping this one pretty quiet.It appears to this interested and
> experienced observer that we had double decks on the ground at the Aurora
> Transportation Center over the weekend.All those Caterpillar tread marks
> didn't get in the back lot driveway from plowing the 2 inches of
> snow.There's also a bunch of obvious blocking marks.Did we forget to set
> the air pulling into town or did someone let a setover bleed off in the
> yard and gravity rolled it to the end of track?

Once again, The Beacon News gets it wrong. It was not 3 flat cars, it was 2.
What happen was that 2 TT flatcars rolled out of West Eola Yard, and headed
toward the Depot. Rolled all the way to the end of Station Track 1, took out
the bumper post, and continued about another 100 feet into the parking lot of
the Hotel. I got down there about 1 1/2 after it happen. At about 9 O' clock,
Holcher services showed up, and spent about an hour rerailing the 2 cars.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/heartland/8114/littleq.html";>Little Q Model
Railroad Club</A>
President: Mike Griesmann
(Supchief17@a...)