Re: [BRHSlist] Turntable Sizes

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Turntable Sizes
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:37:12 -0800
Bill
The High St. Bridge was built during the Elevation Work from 1915-1934 and it
reused a bridge from outwest but no location was given.
Hols got an article on this for someday.
The Downers Grove Turntable was an 80 ft. Deck Girder with Electric Drive built
in 1910 from American Bridge Co first installed at Creston and moved to DG in
1936
Creston had gotten the old turntable from Centralia in 1933(Took time to get an
AFE into the budget) Centralia had a new 100 Thru Truss installed in 1922
SJH