Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q items at Sale

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q items at Sale
From: "richard winfield" <rickwinn@i...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:36:04 -0600
From: "John and Carmen Jacobs" <jjacobs@s...>
To: "BRHS list" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 1:32 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] CB&Q items at Sale

> For those of you on the BRHS list that live in the Quincy IL Area that
missed the sale last week of the Jim McComas estate, you really missed out
on some interesting Q items. I don't know much about the man but he had a
large HO scale inventory of CB&Q items. I could kick myself for not bidding
up a brass model of the 9908 with 3 plastic Athearn cars that went for $75
(I know -shoot me now and put me out of my misery!) Also two A-B sets of
Stewart F3's that went for about $65 (One set went to a fellow who obviously
works for BNSF in the signal department). Lots of Athearn, P2K, etc.

> John could you tell me if Jim McComas lived in Quincy? I dont recall his
name. Quincy Ill was my home town up till 1985. I was very active in the
local model rr club and knew Carl Landstum who was the local historian. I
built a model of the Q station that was torn down at 2nd &Oak in HO scale
that is on display at the museum at 5th & Maine. I thought I rubbed elbos
with everyone that liked trains let alone the Q. But his name dosent ring a
bell. And for the fellow who works for the BNSF, his first name is Joe.

Rick Winfield rickwinn@i...