CB&Q items at Sale

To: "BRHS list" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: CB&Q items at Sale
From: "John and Carmen Jacobs" <jjacobs@s...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:32:49 -0600
For those of you on the BRHS list that live in the Quincy IL Area that missed
the sale last week of the Jim McComas estate, you really missed out on some
interesting Q items. I don't know much about the man but he had a large HO
scale inventory of CB&Q items. I could kick myself for not bidding up a brass
model of the 9908 with 3 plastic Athearn cars that went for $75 (I know -shoot
me now and put me out of my misery!) Also two A-B sets of Stewart F3's that
went for about $65 (One set went to a fellow who obviously works for BNSF in
the signal department). Lots of Athearn, P2K, etc.

Several 12" X 24" metal advertisement reproduction signs of CB&Q Zephyrs. A
rather nice drawing of the 4960. Many decent items in this sale.

But my main reason for this e-mail. Does anyone know what a copy of David P.
Morgans "Diesels West" that was autographed by Harry C.Murphy would be worth.
Obviously the people at the sale didn't cause I bought it for a incredibly low
price.

There is a date of 6-9-64 beside the name. It just sends chills up the old
spine to look at the handwriting of such a wonderful and important man in the
world of railroading.

Q forever

John Jacobs