Re: [BRHSlist] FW: St Joseph, Mo.,Union depot

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: St Joseph, Mo.,Union depot
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:29:57 -0600
PSHedgpeth@a... wrote:

> Trains 30-31 were discontinued in 1960 and I think it was late 59 or early 60
> when the move was made from the UD to the new station located further south
> on 6th St.near the site of the old roundhouse.

Pete is right about the timeframe.

I have a CTC diagram and bulletin from the Superintendent at St. Joseph
Division dated November 13, 1959. It references St. Joseph division
timetable no. 4 which became effective October 25, 1959. The CTC diagram
shows the new depot.

The first paragraph reads:

"Effective 10 01 AM, November 18, 1959, St. Joseph - Pacific Junction
subdivision of the St. Joseph Division, Centralized Traffic Control will
be in service from MP 61.87 (immediately south of the Middle Yard
crossing) to MP 64.16 (north of Francis Street)."

The north limits would be beyond the old Union Depot.

Bill