Re: [BRHSlist] FW: St Joseph, Mo.,Union depot

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: St Joseph, Mo.,Union depot
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:07:26 EST
Cc: ercky@c...
Trains were still stopping at St. Joe UD summer of 1958. I worked trains
44-41 Lincoln St. Joe June of 58.

An Iowa Railfan's group ran a fan trip via Trains 30-31 (Creston-St. Joe) in
March of 59. Photos by (I think) Corbin are in Mike Spoor's Volume 3. They
may not reference the fan trip, but that's when they were taken. I have a
copy of the Iowa groups news letter showing photos of the trip in B&W.

Trains 30-31 were discontinued in 1960 and I think it was late 59 or early 60
when the move was made from the UD to the new station located further south
on 6th St.near the site of the old roundhouse.

I'm glad someone came on and verified my post of a few weeks ago that the UD
was located on South 6th. There isn't anything there to identify the site
how except the curb cut on the east side of 6th St.

Pete Hedgpeth