Re: [BRHSlist] Airbrushing compressors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Airbrushing compressors
From: BNJohn@a...
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:24:41 EST
In a message dated 2/26/01 10:13:40 AM Central Standard Time,
tom.koch@a... writes:

> Larry,
>
> I am not familiar with Nebulizer misting machines however, I am familiar
> with compressors. My only suggestion to you would be to buy a compressor
> with a holding tank. The compressor will keep the tank filled and only turn
> on when it needs to refill. The advantage comes in that the air is a
> constant source rather than the pulsating air that comes from the smaller
> hobby compressors on the market.
>
> With the tank, you can adjust the pressure coming out of the brush as needed
> for solvent or acrylic paints. Also, this adjustable pressure will also
> help you in weathering.
>
> You can pick up a small compressor with between a 1 and 2.5 gal tank for
> under $150.00. Campbell Hausfeld (http://www.campbellhausfeld.com/) has a
> line of "Quiet Air" compressors that you can find online at www.mysimon.com
> for as low as $109.00 and then add shipping.
>
> Hope this information was helpful.
>
> Tom

Larry,
After being in the air brush Business for some years and air brushing for the
last 32 years, I have to jump in an say my peace. You DON'T need a tank on a
compressor, all you end up doing is spending a lot of money you didn't have
too. I have a Badger 180-11 compressor with a regulator to adjust my pressure
and I have NEVER had any pulsing. I don't know where this stuff comes from
but it's not true. I have won two best finish awards with this compressor and
it's nothing more than a diaphragm compressor. Do your self a favor and do
some more research before you spend a lot of money for nothing.

John Lee
St.Louis,MO.