Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Kitchen

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Kitchen
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:27:10 -0800
Dave_Lotz wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> I'd be interested in your opinion of how the cars assembled...I've heard
> that the sleepers had some problems...
>
> Dave Lotz

I have not built any of the sleepers so can't comment on them. I have not
quite finished the car yet but have some observations. First the instruction
sheets are on the poor side. I only had flash on one sprue and it wasn't hard
ot clean off. The "floor end platform" which stiffens the body and gives a
place to screw the floor to is very poor fitting and needs to be cut to fit,
also the holes for mounting the trucks and the floor do not line up very well.
I agree with Gene Tacey that the molded angle on the end of the roof sticks
out too far. They do not give you any details for the underframe or wire for
handrails. There is a stub for mocating a Kadee coupler but then you have to
cut the end to get it to clear. My kit had open windows so cut plastic to fit
and inserted from the back.

The above said I think the assembled and painted car looks good setting along
side a baggage car.The rivet pattern on the sides and end look good to me.

Ken Martin