Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Kitchen

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Kitchen
From: Gene Tacey <taceys@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:04:41 -0600
Just finished two of the Troop Kitchens. There was a lot of flash to clean up
and the ends fit to a bracket that is to be screwed on. These did not line up
without a lot of filing and still have the correct length for the side and
roof. Also the "new" version came with the end detail molded on and you glued
on the diaphram element. The top has the angle molded in that the angled
detail piece glues under. This angle sticks out to far with the molded end
details so doesn't look right. Filed this down on the second car and it looks
better. The rest of the car looks good. The windows were closed off on the
versions I did but the small vents at the top weren't, they were hard to close
and still look good, finally filled the holes with squadron green, trimmed off
the little "snakes" that came through and lightly sanded, didn't look to bad.
Tried small thin styrene pieces but no matter how thin the styrene still
looked to thick. No brake details are included in the kit, the Allied Trucks
aren't to bad, although they don't have quite the detail some of the brass
ones "hard to find" I have used on my express boxes.

Gene Tacey