Re: [BRHSlist] Interpreting Emp. Time Tables

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Interpreting Emp. Time Tables
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:57:05 -0600
jacobsen@m... wrote:

> What do the abbreviations in the "Signs" column mean on employee time
> tables? For example, the one I'm looking at shows these signs for
> Akron, CO: Z.C.B.W.R.K.Y.
> Other towns have F or O among their signs.

Z - radio
C - fuel
B - bulletin book or board
W - water
R - registering station
K - standard clock
Y - wye
F - telephone siding without operator
O - track scales

There are also these signs:

Yd - yard where yard limit signs are maintained
T - turntable

> Also, what do the small "s", "c", "f", "A", and "L" stand for
> next to the times for each train/station?

s - regular stop
c - conditional stop as provided in footnotes of employee timetable
f - flag stop to receive or discharge traffic
A - arrive
L - leave

> Last, each station appears to have a decimal number below it. For
> example, McCook has 11.23, Benkelman has 10.46, Wray 8.07, and Yuma
> 9.29. What do these numbers mean?

Milepost location of station.

Bill