Re: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Motorcars or RDC's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Motorcars or RDC's
From: Scott Leason <gllswl@i...>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 23:06:05 GMT

> gllswl@i... wrote:
> >
> > I am interested in a source or information concerning
motorcar & rdc
> > usage by the CB&Q. Also, performance data e.g. max
speeds used, etc.
> > would be helpful. Thanks, Scott
> >

> The CB&Q acquired its first motorcar in 1922, an omnibus
type from Mack.
> This was followed by eight gas mechanical cars from
Edwards. They then bought
> a total of 57 gas-electrics of various configurations
roughly represented by
> the spectrum model. A couple of these lasted into the
1960's. The CB&Q never
> had any RDC's.
>
> For further information see Burlington Bulletin #3 and Al
Holcks "Burlington
> Route - Color Pictorial" Vol. 1
>
> Ken Martin
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor -----------
> eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
> Click here for more details
> Ken,
> Thanks so much for the information on the Gas-Electrics.
I have located a photo of one, circa 1957-59, in my copy of
Burlington Route in Color, Vol. 2 by Michael Spoor, and I
painted my Spectrum (N Scale) in this color scheme as it
approximates the timeline of my layout.