Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Motorcars or RDC's

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Motorcars or RDC's
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:37:29 -0600
From: "Dan Almosnino" <danalm@E...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:38 PM

> Bachman's doodlebug is a baggage-only (no RPO) prototype with a certain
> number of passenger windows.
> The CB&Q had very few RDC's that resemble this type and therefore one
> has to carefully choose a proper road number for the model.
> Also note differences in details such as the rooftop vents and the front
> windshield frame. This is harder to kitbash.

The Bachmann motor is 72' long - the Q had virtually no doodlebugs of that
compromise length (that I know of) - but there were several
baggage/passenger combines - although the passenger compartments were
usually shorter than what Bachmann has. What tickled me was - I bought one
off the first shipment - undec - began the bash based on my research -

And then I saw a CB&Q factory paint version at a train show. Wouldn't you
know it? The prototype I had picked (9099) was the number they'd picked -
but it needed to be shortened; roof vents changed; front revised; passenger
section reduced; radiator rebuilt etc etc etc -

What an interesting hobby!

Marshall