Re: [BRHSlist] HO scale Nickel Plate K-2

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] HO scale Nickel Plate K-2
From: NNull@a...
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:58:22 EST
Scott;
The K-2's have a good mechanism. The trouble with them is that originally
they were equipped with an open frame motor that did NOT have a tension
spring accross the top of the brush holders. Net result is that there is no
positive pressure of the brushes on the commutator. Replaced the original
motor with a replacement that NPP offered at the time and mine run sweetly
for their size. As I recall, without digging out my copy of the 'Art of
Brass', Dr Simon brought in 900-1000 pieces which was way more than the
market would support. That may be the reason they aren't REAL hard to find.

Nolen