CB&Q in Sidney, Nebraska, ca. 1957

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: CB&Q in Sidney, Nebraska, ca. 1957
From: "David " <dunver@i...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 04:42:44 -0000
I'm interested in modeling the connection between the Q/BN and UP in
Sidney, starting in 1957. Obviously this was long before the days of
unit coal trains out of the PRB, and I'm curious as to what traffic
moved over this line and was exchanged with the UP. I imagine much
of the traffic was grain, feed, cattle, perhaps some petroleum
products and a few carloads of general merchandise. Also, what type
of Q power was assigned locally? SD7's? And did this change in
1970? Did the Q operate passenger service into Sidney after Jan
1 '57?

I'd be grateful for any assistance. Thanks in advance.

David