Short term load rating-F Units on the point

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Short term load rating-F Units on the point
From: tgcostello@a...
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:48:29 EST
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>

>Only to the extent that the unit with the lowest short >time rating was to be
>on the point. That gave the >engineer the ammeter indication on the weakest
>unit in the consist.

Very interesting Ed...

I have photos of F units leading SD45's on the Erie Lackawanna. I was curious
about the lashup configuration, but assumed the crews liked the view from the
cab unit. :^)

Another factor, believe it or not, was that even in the early 70's, some EL F
units still did not have MU setups for the front of the A units.

Tim Costello