Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Double Decks

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Double Decks
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:54:32 +1300
In Bulletin #1, there are photos of gallery cars with -
S-2-A #2914 in September 1951
E-5 #9915A Silver Carrier pulling a demonstration train in September
1950
S-1-A #2830 in September 1952 - the last full day of suburban steam

In Bulletin #33 page 108 is a photo of #4001 pulling gallery cars in 1953.
The caption notes that this was the only such view known. (As the shrouds
were removed from the Alices in 1941/2, I think you'll have to use computer
graphics to create a streamlined Hudson with a gallery car)

There is also a photo in Bulletin #1 of shovel nose #9904 being turned at
Downers Grove yard whilst in suburban service, with a caption that this
service was not uncommon for such units in the late 1940's between main line
runs. As the gallery cars started in 1950, perhaps they did pull gallery
cars.

Rupert