Surviving Corporation

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Surviving Corporation
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:47:33 -0000
I visited the Delaware Secretary of State's website, but was unable
to get any information, but did find another source. When I took
Advanced Accounting many years ago, the professor had worked for GN
in the Controller's Office and was involved with the original
merger. He is now retired, but I was able to get a hold of him and
he stated that the BN was a new corporation, incorporated in Delaware
in the early 60s as I stated in my earlier comment. The name was
changed from GNP&B to BN around 66 or 67. The name was awkward and
it was thought would cause confusion with an common ecomonic term at
the time abbreviated GNP. The GN and NP were incorporated in
Minnesota and the CBQ in Illinois. Consequently, there was no
corporate survivor, per se.