Re: [BRHSlist] Industries on Spurs

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Industries on Spurs
From: "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 16:34:32 -0600
All, thnaks for the info.

Rick Keil
Omaha

From: Joseph O Antosiak <ColoradoSouthern@j...>
To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 09:59:41 -0500

> All, operational and modeling question. I'm planning on running two
spurs
> with industries at the end of them. Since the motors will be heading
into
> the industry, what was the prototype way of getting the motor at the
right
> (front) end for the return trip. Were there exceptions on the Q. And
> finally, what sort of industries did the Q service, if any, located at
the
> end of a branchline spur with 2 or 3 storage tracks? Thanks
>
> Rick Keil
> Omaha, NE

The short answer would seem to be, use a run-around move, either with a
double-ended siding at the location where the spur branches off the main,
or even further up the line (e.g., motor heads into spur, pulls cars,
backs down to main line, runs with cars ahead and behind the motor until
reaching a station with a run-around track where cars can be switched
behind the engine.

If you don't have a copy of Armstrong's _Track Planning for Realistic
Operation_, I'd suggest that you get one, as it has a wealth of
information about how the prototype railroads did things like this.

Cheers,
--Joe Antosiak
((First train actually made up in the yards and run over the main line on
the [1/87] Denver Midland: January 5, 2001)) ;-)
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.