Re: [BRHSlist] Propane Tank II

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Propane Tank II
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:57:56 EST
Steve/Leo,

You are right, I am looking for an excuse to have a UTLX tank car parked by
the LPG facility. I forgot to mention that an excellent picture of the
facility is in Al Holck's Burlington Route Color Pictorial, Volume 1, on page
17 (upper right). It was taken in 1952 and shows the very large tank with
dozens of LP bottles sitting there.

Looking at drawings, it shows that the tank is 39' x 9' and is surrounded by
a 6' wire fence. There is no track that comes right up to it and it is on a
concrete platform. (supporting Leo's theory about trucks) There is a track
(A-260) farther behind the tank, but it runs up to the wooden icing platform
- in the picture you can see the ice reefers behind the LPG tank (with your
optivisor, of course!). I've been told this ice was for the ice
air-conditioned cars (still quite a few of those in the fifties!)

Rich