Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Aerotrain?

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Aerotrain?
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:22:30 -0600
From: <cttnghmrl@a...>
To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 4:07 PM

> The Rock Island used an Aero Train on their "Peoria Rocket" (Chicago to
> Peoria) for at least 18 months. I photographed the "press run' of the
train
> north of Peoria on 30 January 1956. They renamed it the "Jet Rocket" and
> their locomotive was numbered 1. The Jet Rocket was still running on the
> Peoria run on 8 August 1957 when I photographed it again near Peoria.

CRI&P eventually got all three Aerotrain sets (numbered 1-3) and used them
in commuter service (the Peoria ["Jet"] Rocket being re-equipped with
standard lightweights). All three were offered to rail museums, but the
only current whereabouts I know is the Nat'l Museum of Transportation in St.
Louis -

Marshall