Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Power Pools

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Power Pools
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:21:38 -0600
Paul:

This is the little I know.

The DRG&W pool was short lived. It only lasted from 1965 to 66. The power
was not, to my knowledge, mixed. That is, a set of DRG&W ran through or a
set of Q power ran through. The power was not intermingled.

The pool with NYC and PRR ceased prior to BN as a result of the PC merger.
As a result, Q and later BN pooled with EL on 97 and 88, both St Paul
trains. The NYC pool was originally a Elkhart to St. Paul pool. I believe
the PRR pool began as part of the UP pool. I saw UP power together at Clyde
in 1965, and PRR and Q power in Green River, WY in 1967, and Q, PRR.

The pool with UP is the granddaddy. It began in 1959 with GP9s, grew during
the horsepower race of the sixties, and ended well into the BN era.

Arrangements with GTW occurred after the BN merger.

I am unaware of pools between CB&Q and B&O or N&W.
Other listers are free to add to or correct these statements.