Re: [BRHSlist] Question for Charlie Vlk

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Question for Charlie Vlk
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:36:54 -0600
Bill-
I hope others on the list have more information about consists than I do....
The Obvs were used as extra cars (often running backwards) on the Twins.
There is a thread talking about one of them being used on the Zephyr Rocket.
The Sam Houston Zephyr, Silver Streak and General Pershing were also normal
assignments for the obvs. None of this helps your as you specify trains
that ran through Galesburg.
The coaches could appear in any train except the CZ, as could the diner
(remembering that the Silver Inn perished in the Naperville wreck).
I haven't checked to see if the TCZ dome is close to any others used in the
KCZ, DZ or CZ, but they certainly are stand-ins if not. The Slumbercoach
was a DZ car. The baggage and RPO are also likely to have shown up in
Galesburg, but the original assignments were like the obvs.
The ConCor cars, since they are supposed to be CZ, would work only for that
train or in rotation with KCZ consists.
Charlie