Vote for Kato passenger cars

To: BRHS <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Vote for Kato passenger cars
From: " JOHN J. OLSON & DEBBIE NIESS" <trains@m...>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:40:56 -0700
Hi Group,

I just wanted to say that, if those of you on this list who are model
railroaders, have not had a chance to see Kato's new 'N' scale Corrugated
Budd cars- you need to do so! Absolutely stunning would be a good
description. Then- I would like to recommend that we all run out and buy the
HO Budd Business cars (CB&Q 'Burlington' and 'Roundup') in HO when Kato
releases them. If we give Kato a 'good show' on the HO business cars- they
might (and I say might) consider doing the Budd 12 car set in HO. This set
reads like a "who's who" of Burlington passenger cars. Instead of doing the
California Zephyr cars like everyone else has done- they did a real nice
cross section of various 'Q' Budd cars like the Silver Streak Zephyr
Observation car. Also- Baggage, RPO, Coaches and Diner from the late 30's
(with open skirting over the trucks), and full skirted Domes, 10-6 Pullmans
and a Slumbercoach. Every car is prototypical lengthwise from the 72' 8"
headend cars, 79' 8" Coaches, 83' 2" Diner, 85' 0" Domes and Pullmans to the
88' 7" Observation. You could make up an infinite variety of secondary and
mid to late 60's Zephyrs with these cars when all sorts of general pool Budd
cars started to infiltrate the 'name' trains. Although Kato also painted and
lettered these N scale cars for several other roads (ATSF, CP, Southern and
others) they are true 'Q' prototypes to the core. Check them out!

John Olson
Jim's Junction
Billings, Mt.