Re: [BRHSlist] The Best Job

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] The Best Job
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 03:12:17 EST
In a message dated 12/1/00 8:42:25 PM Central Standard Time, qutlx1@a...
writes:

> absolutely best job on the Division was;

The East End Wayfreight. On duty Eola RH 7:10 AM M-F (weekends & holidays
off) turn @ Congress Park; back to Eola by 10:30 AM; 6 days pay in 5! Can
remember this job back in the1950's, when Fred Huntley was the engineer and
would occassionally give me a "cab ride" in the Downers Grove yard. Back
then, it was an overtime job, but by the time I got to work it (1969
according to my timebook), it was a "quit job" that afforded the crew a "real
life".

"Runner-Up" Best Job - Passenger Fireman Swing-Turn at Galesburg; worked all
the Main Line Passenger jobs Galesburg-Chicago 4 days in a row; then 3 off.

Then Menk & the Frisco showed-up and everything went to hell.

Bob Campbell
CB&Q Aurora Division