Re: [BRHSlist] Mail

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mail
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:45:19 -0600
> Ed, thanks for the discussion. Sure looks like a good basis for a BB
> article???
> Leo

Leo:

thanks for the comment.

Presently, I am digging into two subject for the BB. One, the story of the
Chicago Division - things like Hawthorne Yd, Western Ave., the Lumber Street
District, the Coach Yard, etc. The second topic is the history of
Dispatching and the development of signal systems.

I have been interviewing so old heads, gentlemen that began their
railroading in the Thirties. So, the research is ongoing and the writing
awaits. But they will be done...

I have been quite close to the Zephyr book that will be released next year
and have respected the author insofar as to not share the knowledge I gained
from the project. Once the book is out, I feel that I will be freer to
share. It may even lead to more books.......

Ed