passenger cars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: passenger cars
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 16:35:37 -0500
Marshall,
What I have are copies of pages from The Official Railway
Equipment Register for the CB&Q (including subsidiaries) dated October
1, 1951 and November 1, 1957. These are a bit past your modelling era,
but may still be of interest as they include some detailed notes about
some of the equipment. I'd be glad to copy them and send them to you if
you can give me your mailing address.
As for my Zephyr-Rockets, I'm planning on a couple of trains
composed of something like the following: a CB&Q E7, an RPO, a couple of
Havelock cars, a CB&Q coach, a CRIP coach, a Pullman sleeper, and maybe
a diner. My uncertainty has to do with what models to use for pretty
much everything but the E7s (which I have) and the Havelock cars (which
I hope to see at Christmas). The recent Bulletin on the Havelock cars
provided a consist for the 1960 ZR which included RPO 1931, 3 Havelocks,
Q coach Silver Chariot, RI coach Chisholm Trail, RI Pullman Golden
Banner, and Q diner 308.
Any advice you could give me would be great. For instance,
which cars were heavyweights? Which were corrugated stainless? Would
any of the upcoming Walthers Budd cars do for any of these? What other
models might I look at? I've admired some of the Spectrum heavyweight
cars, but none of them are lettered for the Q (although I think I could
handle redoing them).
Looking forward to hearing from you. Please include the address
if you'd like the freight car rosters.
Duncan
P.S. I tried your new email address and it didn't work. Not sure why.