Where have the Hobo's Gone??

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Where have the Hobo's Gone??
From: "LARRY L. DOUB" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:42:24 -0500
All this talk about fiction has made me think of something, Do to the fact that
allot of people didn't believe that My Stepfather gave the KING OF THE HOBO'S a
ride over the Gateway bridge in Clinton IA to Fulton IL one year in the late
70's.
I would have not believed it with out the Autographed picture's he gave us of
him, Sorry I don't have them now nor remember His name.
But I did brag it up when I was a Kid, I thought it was cooler than heck.
What Happened to the once seen and talked about HOBO'S?
Were do they Travel the rails today?
DO they still ride the rails here in the midwest?
Or have the RR police cracked down trying to put and end to it.
I have never seen one on a intermodal train.
After I think a bit on it I can not remember the last time I have seen one.
I know they are still around as I sometimes here of a Hobo convention now and
then, But that had been some time also.
How are there Numbers today compaired to those of the mid 70's?
Has anyone else thought about this, or know of the meetings.
The thought just crossed my mind and thought I would share it.

Larry