Re: [BRHSlist] Spontaneous Combustion

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Spontaneous Combustion
From: "twhitt" <twhitt@p...>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:24:50 -0500
Probably 25 years or so ago, while serving as a firefighter in North Aurora,
IL, a load of what was beleived to be coke caught fire at the 48 Insulation
siding along Rt. 25. We responded at approximately 3 or 4 am and were still
putting water on it at 8 am. Once daylight broke we were then able to open
the chutes at the bottom of the car to extinguish the lower portion of the
load. It was a hot and sweaty job as you had to be on top of the car in
order to get the water on the fire using piercing nozzles. Fortunately, we
got to make the mess and not have to clean it up!