Re: [BRHSlist] Oriental Silver King and Queen

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Oriental Silver King and Queen
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:52:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/00 11:48:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
tom.koch@a... writes:

<< Hello Fellow Listers,

I recently acquired a set of Oriental King and Queen locomotives. It
appears that I will need to do some re-motoring work. Although the pair run
well, I would like to add flywheels and was wondering if anybody out there
has re-powered a set. If so, please contact me off-list so I can ask some
suggestions.

Thanks,

Tom >>

Tom and List:

I have a sweet running King and Queen. One night a buddy of mine and I were
talking about repowering King and Queen, Greg and I just put out ideas, but
the winning idea was, Atlas RS3's. Greg said he wanted to do it as he was
looking at another repowering project of course I said go for it. Instead of
fitting the RS underframes to King and Queen he transfered the drive
including the trucks into the brass underframes. They run quite, pull, and
until you take a close look at the plastic trucks you can't tell anything has
been done.

Now...... I have in the past repowered my Pioneer Zephyr I have the Nickel
Plate, I was told that I ruined the value of the model. My opinion is as
follows if the model will not run then it is on NO value. I know this goes
against the collectors but the model has to run.

Loren Johnson