Re: [BRHSlist] Oriental Silver King and Queen

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Oriental Silver King and Queen
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:04:33 EDT
Roger Miller simply used Athearn U-boat chassis to repower his Oriental set.
I believe they are a pretty good match right out of the box and the proper
length for the shovelnose A and B. I'm not sure how much the distinctive GE
fuel tank shows or whether he milled the fuel tank off the frame. The
wheelbase of the Athearn truck may not exactly match that of the shovelnose
either. Sideframes from Stewart (used on their RS-3) with the closed roller
bearings are the right sideframes. Athearns have the open bearings. I have
a set of these motors also but haven't tried to repower them as I'm not sure
if I'm going to keep them.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL