Re: [BRHSlist] Spontaneous Combustion

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Spontaneous Combustion
From: tgcostello@a...
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:22:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/2000 6:05:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
qutlx1@a... writes:

> In the early to mid 60's I remember a hopper full of coal that started on
> fire at Eola while in the yard. It was shoved down the industrial lead
> alongside Austin Western where the Aurora fire dept. could reach it with
> their hoses to soak the load. Anyone else ever have a similar experience?
> Leo

Leo:

Where do you come up with all these stories? They appear to be too
funny/unusual/bizarre/interesting to be true. Perhaps Hollywood should
consider scripting a "reality" series based on true stories from American
Railroads.:^)

I always enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing them with us.

Tim Costello
Irvine CA