Re: [BRHSlist] Proto 2000's with DCC

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Proto 2000's with DCC
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:14:26 -0400
Larry,
I'm using the MRC system and I too have a couple of the P2K E7s. Yes.
it's true that the mars light does not operate when the MRC decoder is
installed. I have one Digitrax decoder which seems to have an extra
wire which might allow some kind of accesory feature to function. Don't
know for sure as I haven't installed it in anything yet (It doesn't have
a plug -- just loose wires). In my experience, the Kato units run a
little quiter than the P2K but that's about all I can tell you. I
haven't got anything of Kato's that I'd want to MU with a P2K so speed
characteristics and pulling power aren't things I have any experience
with. Hope this helps a bit.

Duncan Cameron