Spoon River Drive Update

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Spoon River Drive Update
From: "kujawa's" <ark@b...>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 20:44:30 -0700
Hi again.

Here is an update as to what we saw on our trip. The Fulton County Narrow
Gauge depot in Lewistown is being renovated and had a nice display of
pictures and maps inside. A BN caboose is on its way to the site. I
couldn't find out the heritage of the cab only that is a extended vision.
They have Narrow Gauge history books and shirts for sale. Contact Lewistown
Historical Society - FCNG Railroad Museum Box 65 Lewistown, Il. 61542

The Q depot in Lewistown has also been saved. It has been moved about 50
feet from the tracks and has about 60 % of a new foundation. A railroad
club was in the building before they moved it. I'm not sure if they will
rebuild after the building is finished.

The brick Q depot in Canton, Il. has been completely renovated. Half of the
depot is being used as chambers for the city council. The other half of the
building is unoccupied. The engine out front is a Whitcomb not a Plymouth.

The depot in Avon has been moved about a half mile east to the Avon Park.
It has a nice display of photos, maps, and equipment inside.

One town with two preserved Q depots. One county with four preserved Q
depots. This could be a record.

Didn't make it to Yates City or Wyoming which are in Knox and Stark
counties. Maybe nest weekend.

Roger Kujawa - Morton, Il..

ark@b...