Spoon River Drive

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Spoon River Drive
From: "kujawa's" <ark@b...>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:32:44 -0700
Hi everyone!

The annual Spoon River Drive in Fulton County Illinois is Oct 7th and 8th
and next weekend too. Fulton County is about 45 minutes west of Peoria.
The drive is a rural fall color appreciation and a big craft and flea market
scattered around the county.

The Fulton County Narrow Gauge Depot in Lewistown will be open. It is now a
museum. The FCNG was one of only two narrow gauge railroads in Illinois
that I know of. The FCNG was taken over by the Q and widened. The original
Q depot in Lewistown is up on blocks. It has been moved away from the
tracks but is in limbo. It was almost torn down last year for the wood.
I'm not sure the status now. It is on my list to see.

Other Q depots to see are in Yates City. It is also a museum along with a Q
caboose. The Canton Depot is also going to be a museum and has a small
Plymouth switcher out front.

The depot in Avon had been moved to the city park. At the park will be
Gerald Peterson. Mr. Peterson has pictures of about 95 % of all the depots
in Illinois. They are arranged by county. You can spend hours at this
display. Mr. Peterson was at the Galesburg Railroad Days last June.

The Q depot is a MOW HQ in Peoria.
The St Augustine depot in Knox county is being used by a seed company.
The Wyoming depot in Stark county is also a museum.

Bring your wife for the crafts and enjoy some of the Q history.

Come early, the traffic can be like the Chicago tollway in some of the small
towns. They have more traffic in two weekends than they see all year.

Roger Kujawa - Morton, Il..

ark@b...