Re: [BRHSlist] Coal in boxcars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Coal in boxcars
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 21:57:10 EDT
I can't speak for the coal fields, but I did read an article on grain doors
which mentioned that coal was still occasionally loaded in 40' boxcars in the
1970s at the Port of Superior, WI on the BN. This is probably coal going to
dealers on very light branches in northern Minn., N. Dakota, etc. If I
recall correctly this would also have been Lake coal that had come off
freighters upbound from the lower Lakes.

Ken Thompson

PS If I find the article I'll refer you to it.