blackbird gray

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: blackbird gray
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:17:00 -0400
Hi guys.
Well, I managed to force one of my locomotives into the paint shop
today. I was trying to get some weathering off a P2K SD7 and managed to
remove a patch of the black paint as well. I decided this would be the
start of my attempts at painting things myself.

Again, I'm looking for a match to Kato's NW2 gray or something close to
it. I'd rather not use the microscale decals because of the darkness of
the gray. Has anyone used the ones from Kevin Piper? Can anyone tell
me what a paint match for them might be?

If there's a hint of desperation in my writing its because this is the
first time I've mucked up a factory paint job and I'm a little fearful
that I'll never be able to restore the engine to a reasonable
appearance.

Thank you for all the input offered so far. I'm curious about what
others might use.

Duncan Cameron