Progress on the B&MRR

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Progress on the B&MRR
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:22:10 -0500
Cc: "'Dan Osborn'" <dosborn@p...>, "'Hank Kraichley'" <hank@g...>, "'John Lee'" <bnjohn@a...>, "'John Schindler'" <john.k.schindler@g...>, "'Ken Thompson'" <RRSPKEN@a...>, "'Randy Meyer'" <meyer@g...>, "'Richard Schumacher'" <richard@g...>, "'Rick & Venita Lake'" <publicity@g...>, "'Tom Engle'" <tengle1@e...>
It's been a while since I've last updated the list on our progress, so here
is a short report.

The seemingly endless work to complete the Galesburg to Creston helix (or as
one of the crew has named it, "The Temple to Plywood") will come to an end
this week. The Denver reverse loop around the upper level of the helix is
now ready for track and four of the twelve inner and outer supports have the
threaded tie rods connecting them installed. Last Friday, the finish grading
was completed in the Creston yard and the first through trackage was laid.
The remaining turnout hardware for Creston and the West end of Galesburg
arrived today. After a break over Labor Day, the benchwork for
Burlington/West Burlington will hopefully begin in earnest.

I've got a great crew working from 7-10 on Friday nights and we've made
tremendous progress since February. As a small token of thanks, here is a
list of those who have helped;

Richard Schumacher
John Lee
Ken Thompson
Rick & Venita Lake
Tom Engle (who has moved to Washington State, but dropped in and helped last
Friday)
Hank Kraichley
John Schindler
Dan Osborn
Bill Ewinger (came down from Burlington one weekend to help)