FW: RITS: September Burlington - RI convention

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: FW: RITS: September Burlington - RI convention
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:23:58 -0500
From: owner-ritslist@s...
[mailto:owner-ritslist@s...] On Behalf Of Jim Welch
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 5:14 PM
To: charleswoodward@h...
Cc: RITSLIST
Subject: RITS: September Burlington - RI convention

Last year for the Moline convention, I took some heat for not providing
better directions to the holiday Inn in Moline.

When I made my reservations, and ask the operator for the exit off 35W
she said to take exit 56A. Well, I am not a stranger to Ft. Worth, yet
I thought it prudent to look up Meacham Blvd. and exit 56A on my 2000
official Texas Department of Transportation of road map. Then I looked
in my State Farm (Rand McNally) atlas for the exit as well. Would you
believe neither one show an exit at Meacham Blvd.! And neither one
labels the street even though it is a major street on the map. So if
you are looking for a better map and information about the Holiday Inn
north, I suggest you got to the web site <www.holiday-inn.com> and when
the locator box comes up spell out "F-o-r-t" don't abbreviate it Ft.
Worth.

Also whoever wrote the directions on the white sheet we received in the
mail, referred to the interstate as "35 west" Technically the name is
I-35W. The highway is a north-south highway and you are either
southbound or northbound and never westbound. The reservationist at the
Holiday Inn simply eliminated the "W" and said "On I-35 south take exit
56A." I would guess most locals never use the "W". The reason there is
a 35W and a 35E is because I-35 splits southbound at Denton, TX with 35E
going to Dallas and 35W going to Ft. Worth. They join southbound at a
point near Hillsboro, TX, as I-35 goes on to Austin, San Antonio, and
Laredo.

Jim Welch
San Antonio native living in the Quad-Cities